The best way to get to Losinj, without car, is speed boat (catamaran / hydrofoil) which departs daily from Rijeka to Cres and Mali Losinj. Be sure to purchase travel ticket earlier before you depart because the number of passengers is limited. The ticket is about 60 kuna (8,-EUR) per person to Mali Losinj. Quantity of luggage is limited, pets and bicycles unfortunately can not be taken on board.
- Rijeka - Cres - Mali Losinj Catamaran line Rijeka - Losinj sails to the islands of the Unije, Susak and Ilovik as well as towards Cres and Martinscica so that the same line can be used for local excursion destinations departin from Mali Losinj. 45 KB
- Pula - Mali Lošinj - Zadar 290 KB
The islands Losinj & Cres are reached with ferries operated by Jadrolinija. Ferries have capacity for more than 100 vehicles, some even close to 200, depending on vehicle size and also 300-500 passengers. Navigation on route Valbiska - Merag and route Brestova - Porozina takes between 20 and 25 minutes. There is an air conditioned bar on each ferry and two outdoor decks with benches that you can enjoy during the ride. In the pre-season and off season ferryboats sail according to a schedule and during the high season when there is heavier traffic normally ferries sail continuously all day. Unfortunately reservations on the ferry lines Valbiska - Merag and Brestova - Porozina are not possible, while reservations on the ferry line Zadar - Mali Losinj is advised especially during high season.
- Valbiska-Merag The ferry line Valbiska - Merag is more suitable for directions from Zagreb, is which is commonly used by guests from Slovenia, Austria, Hungary, Slovakia, Poland and the Czech Republic. 51 KB
- Brestova-Porozina The ferry line Brestova - Porozina is more suitable for tourists from Italy, Switzerland and Germany. 40 KB
- Mali Lošinj-Zadar Ferry line Zadar - Mali Losinj is held by company Jadrolinija, this line is suitable for guests coming from Dalmatia. 166 KB
- Ilovik - Mrtvaska (Island Losinj) 355 KB
Arrival by car
Road traffic connections between central Europe and destinations on the Croatian seaside are improving and being invested in. In the summer months traffic at the border crossings is more intense, which might cause shorter standstills. For entering and driving through Croatia, it is required to posses green insurance card and a valid driving license. Pay toll is paid at highways and three lane two-way roads, as well as at some bridges and tunnels.
From Trieste (Italy)
- Pasjak border crossing - Opatija - Brestova ferry harbour - Porozina (mainland - island of Cres)
From Ljubljana (Slovenia)
- Rupa border crossing - Rijeka - island of Krk (bridge) - Valbiska ferry harbour - Merag (island of Krk - island of Cres)
- Rupa border crossing - Rijeka - Opatija - Brestova ferry harbour - Porozina (mainland - island of Cres)
From Zagreb (Croatia)
- Rijeka - island of Krk (bridge) - Valbiska ferry harbour - Merag (island of Krk - island of Cres)
There are two drawbridges on the island, which are lifted twice a day for passage of vessels:
- OSOR: 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- PRIVLAKA: 9 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- Mali Lošinj - Zagreb: 295 km
- Mali Lošinj - Ljubljana: 255 km
- Mali Lošinj - Trieste: 225 km
- Mali Lošinj - Wien: 630 km
- Mali Lošinj - München: 790 km
Arrival by boat
- VALBISKA (Krk) - MERAG (Cres)
- BRESTOVA (Istra) - POROZINA (Cres)
- Catamaran "Mali Lošinj – Rijeka – Mali Lošinj"
- Ferry "Lopar (Rab) – Valbiska (Krk)"
- Ferry "Zadar – Mali Lošinj – Zadar"
- Catamaran "Pula-Unije-Mali Losinj-Ilovik-Zadar"
- Catamaran "Cesenatico – Rimini - Pesaro – Mali Losinj"
- Catamaran ship from Venice to Mali Losinj on Saturdays in July and August
Arrival by bus
Croatia has a quality and well developed national network of bus lines and schedules, reaching all the way to the smallest towns on the coast. Bus line Rijeka – Mali Lošinj operates on daily basis, few times a day, line Zagreb – Mali Lošinj two times a day, and in summer season there is a direct line from Ljubljana as well.
For more info please visit web sites:
Arrival by plane
Lošinj sport airport (900 m of asphalt - covered runway) has been fitted for international traffic (police and customs) and it is the second airport in Croatia by the number of landings (after Zagreb).
Airplanes with a capacity of up to 40 seats can land there (Dash 7 - 8, L - 410 Turbolet, Cessnas 150 - 500, King Air 100, King Air 90, King Air 200, Piper and similar types). The Rijeka Airport is located 80 km from Mali Lošinj.
The Rijeka Airport (the island of Krk) is connected by regular air connections with the following German towns: Hannover, Bonn, Stuttgart and Munich, and from June to Novemberby with London, Bristol and Oslo.