Arrival on the island of Losinj
Guests on Lošinj usually come to their vehicles, but there is still a possibility to get there by bus, plane or hydrofoil.
The best way to get to Losinj, without car, is speed boat (catamaran / hydrofoil) which departs daily from Rijeka to Cres and Mali Losinj. Be sure to purchase travel ticket earlier before you depart because the number of passengers is limited. The ticket is about 60 kuna (8,-EUR) per person to Mali Losinj. Quantity of luggage is limited, pets and bicycles unfortunately can not be taken on board.
The islands Losinj & Cres are reached with ferries operated by Jadrolinija. Ferries have capacity for more than 100 vehicles, some even close to 200, depending on vehicle size and also 300-500 passengers. Navigation on route Valbiska - Merag and route Brestova - Porozina takes between 20 and 25 minutes. There is an air conditioned bar on each ferry and two outdoor decks with benches that you can enjoy during the ride. In the pre-season and off season ferryboats sail according to a schedule and during the high season when there is heavier traffic normally ferries sail continuously all day. Unfortunately reservations on the ferry lines Valbiska - Merag and Brestova - Porozina are not possible, while reservations on the ferry line Zadar - Mali Losinj is advised especially during high season.
Times table you can see on this link:
Arrival by car
Road traffic connections between central Europe and destinations on the Croatian seaside are improving and being invested in. In the summer months traffic at the border crossings is more intense, which might cause shorter standstills. For entering and driving through Croatia, it is required to posses green insurance card and a valid driving license. Pay toll is paid at highways and three lane two-way roads, as well as at some bridges and tunnels.
From Trieste (Italy)
- Pasjak border crossing - Opatija - Brestova ferry harbour - Porozina (mainland - island of Cres)
From Ljubljana (Slovenia)
- Rupa border crossing - Rijeka - island of Krk (bridge) - Valbiska ferry harbour - Merag (island of Krk - island of Cres)
- Rupa border crossing - Rijeka - Opatija - Brestova ferry harbour - Porozina (mainland - island of Cres)
From Zagreb (Croatia)
- Rijeka - island of Krk (bridge) - Valbiska ferry harbour - Merag (island of Krk - island of Cres)
There are two drawbridges on the island, which are lifted twice a day for passage of vessels:
- OSOR: 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- PRIVLAKA: 9 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- Mali Lošinj - Zagreb: 295 km
- Mali Lošinj - Ljubljana: 255 km
- Mali Lošinj - Trieste: 225 km
- Mali Lošinj - Wien: 630 km
- Mali Lošinj - München: 790 km
Arrival by boat
- VALBISKA (Krk) - MERAG (Cres)
- BRESTOVA (Istra) - POROZINA (Cres)
- Catamaran "Mali Lošinj – Rijeka – Mali Lošinj"
- Ferry "Lopar (Rab) – Valbiska (Krk)"
- Ferry "Zadar – Mali Lošinj – Zadar"
- Catamaran "Pula-Unije-Mali Losinj-Ilovik-Zadar"
Arrival by bus
Croatia has a quality and well developed national network of bus lines and schedules, reaching all the way to the smallest towns on the coast. Bus line Rijeka – Mali Lošinj operates on daily basis, few times a day, line Zagreb – Mali Lošinj two times a day, and in summer season there is a direct line from Ljubljana as well.
Lošinj Airport is qualified for national and international traffic. Panoramic and taxi flight options. The airport is 6 km from the town of Mali Lošinj.
+385 51 231 666
Book direct flights Lošinj- Zagreb- Pula- Split- Lugano: book it!